I-VIEW CMOS INTRAORAL SENSOR
Here at Trident we have taken on board the best in CMOS technology, in order to integrate it into a machine with an ergonomic design able to adapt easily to the anatomy of the oral cavity. I-VIEW is an innovative, flexible, ultra-resistant sensor able to produce surprising images.
CMOS, Complementary metal-oxide-semiconductor, is one of the logic families used in the manufacture of integrated circuits. An Active Pixel Sensor (APS) is a sensor able to detect light based on CMOS technology, which it is why it is better known as a CMOS Sensor.
Thanks to CMOS technology, it is possible to integrate a range of functions into a sensor chip, such as luminosity control, a contrast corrector or an analogue-digital converter.
ADVANTAGES OF CMOS:
- Much lower electricity consumption
- Economical (requires few external components)
- Simultaneous reading of a higher number of pixels
- The digital converter can be integrated into the chip itself
- Little or no Blooming (“Smear”)
- Greater reading flexibility (faster pre-view, video)
- Pixels of different size and sensitivity can be combined
I-VIEW, CMOS INTRAORAL SENSOR BY TRIDENT
An effective digital imaging system must have a number of fundamental characteristics able to respond to the everyday needs of a dental clinic:
quick, accurate diagnosis, space-saving size, optimisation of work time, flexibility for the user, information safety
With this in mind, Trident has developed the I-VIEW CMOS intraoral sensor, a tool designed to optimise work time and results by allowing the doctor or dentist to make a quick, accurate diagnosis.
ENJOY THE ADVANTAGES OF I-VIEW
High-definition digital images
The efficacy of a diagnostic tool able to identify a patient’s condition or diseases s/he may have depends both on the experience of medical professionals and on the working tools used to support their knowledge. The I-VIEW intraoral sensor produces perfect, top-quality images with excellent resolution (20 lp/mm). Both accurate and fast, it offers the doctor or dentist an accurate picture of the teeth to be treated.
Software Deep View®
Deep View® is the specific software of the I-VIEW intraoral sensor developed exclusively for Trident with the guidance of a highly professional team. Deep View® is a dynamic, intuitive software that guides the user through its practical content by rapidly highlighting its essential functions. Deep View® can be used by several medical professionals at the same time, because the networking system has a capacity of up to 10 users at any given time.
The software is supplied on a CD / DVD ROM with the passwords for access.
Large active surface
The 1000 x 1500 pixel (20 x 30 mm) sensitive area of the I-VIEW intraoral sensor is surrounded by a row of photodiodes that monitor and control radiation; the fibre optic plate (FOP) guarantees a top-quality image, and at the same time helps to convert the incident X-rays emitted by protecting the electric conversion layer, thus extending the useful life of the sensor.
The I-VIEW intraoral sensor comes in two sizes:
- Size 1, ideal for standard examinations, with a sensitive (active) area of 30 x 20 mm
- Size 2, with a sensitive area of 33 x 25 mm, for tasks that require a larger active surface
The I-VIEW intraoral sensor captures images both horizontally and vertically, even in the most critical areas deep within the oral cavity.
Direct USB – computer connection
The I-VIEW intraoral sensor can be directly connected to a PC using a 2-metre USB cable compatible with a standard 2.0 USB port.
The sensor is used as a temporary device and is not connected to the mains power supply; power is provided directly through the computer.
The device also comes with the pertinent sensor command drivers compatible with the systems. Windows XP® SP3, Windows 7 (32/64 bit) SP1, Windows 8 (64 bit).
Designed for an optimal sensor placement. The holder helps you to produce better & safer results in less time with much less radiation exposure for patients.
- Ergonomically designed for greatest patient comfort.
- Securely holds sensor in place while give you the precision and control you need to obtain the right shot easily and effectively.
- Available in two size, size 1 and size 2, in bright and vivid colors for easy identification.
- One ring, no changing between different rings for specific images.
- Just by turning on the sensor holder, it is possible to use it in the upper and lower jaw.
PRACTICAL AND PRODUCTIVE
- I-VIEW becomes operative immediately.
- It captures high-quality images in real time, making X-ray film a thing of the past.
- It saves time, thanks to the high-speed data transmission and how easy it is to connect.
- It makes dental records easier to manage and prolongs their useful life.
- Images can be stored on a PC, saving both space and time.
- East to install, handle and transport.
Functional, lasting design
The ergonomic design of the I-VIEW sensor makes it easy to position in the oral cavity. The rounded edges make it more comfortable for patients, and the extra-hard-wearing material protect it from impact and bites, thus increasing its useful life. The design makes disinfection quick and safe.
The device is designed both for the dental market and for radiology in general. It can be installed in specialised facilities such as hospitals and clinics. The practical USB connection makes it quick and easy to install, meaning it can be used in various working locations. I-VIEW comes into operation immediately and captures high-quality images in real time; the high-speed data transmission and quick, easy connection allow for a considerable amount of time and money to be saved, thus improving performance and productivity.
Regardless of where the device is installed, the main user must be a professional with the knowledge required to weigh up the risks and benefits associated with radiological imaging technologies.
The system, designed for taking intraoral X-rays, can be used on patients of all ages. The high sensitivity of the I-VIEW intraoral sensor significantly reduces radiation exposure time.
The I-VIEW intraoral sensor can be used for diagnosis in a variety of fields: Endodontics, Periodontology, repairing dental enamel (caries) and Implantology.
- Rounded edges
- Smooth, even surface
- Highly flexible, hard-wearing cable